Re: Delete one node from a two node RAC 10gR2

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 13:56:29 -0800

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 6:18 AM, Ricard Martínez <ricard.martinez_at_gmail.com>wrote:
> Our main concern is if its is possible to deletenode, reinstall the server
> and addnode again, as we dont have any free server to add a third node.
> We are not sure, if the deletenode procedure will give us error for leaving
> the RAC with only 1 node.
> Have anyone tried this or something similar before?

Yes, I have done this, but not on 10g

It should be fine - if RAC can't run on 1 node, what good is it? :)

I've also installed it on only 1 node, and then installed another node later.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com