RE: OLTP compression slow update

From: Patterson, Joel <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 14:55:34 -0500

Its been awhile, so just to make sure -- I believe runstats is best served on a database which has no-one else doing business -- like if you could fit it on your laptop, or after hours. Not even sure if multiple databases on the same server can serve to skew the results depending on what you are going for.

The reason being is that every session is contributing to the numbers -- like enqueues, latches, mutexes, or runtime.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546