Re: Questions about Postgres and Oracle

From: Frits Hoogland <frits.hoogland_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 11:38:23 +0100

        charset=iso-8859-1
I've got a few customers using Postgresql, as an alternative for Oracle = because of cost.

Most notable is pg/sql, which is alike pl/sql.=20

I wouldn't use it if needs to drive anything to the edge. It lacks the = ability to profile the time spend by the database on the database level = (at least: last time I looked, with pg 8.x) For "normal usage" (whatever that means), it's a viable alternative.

Frits Hoogland

http://fritshoogland.wordpress.com
frits.hoogland_at_gmail.com
+31 6 53569942