automatic standby database failover

From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 16:43:41 -0500

Anyone ever automate the failover to a standby database? All code or a product, no human interaction? I got asked about the ability to failover to another database in 20 minutes. Which means new DB online and all the applicatons, and everything else pointing to it. This sounds like it might be better suited for golden gate (I have used this some, but don't know it real well).
I did some google searches on automating data guard failover, but did not see it.

I know about the scaling issues with network, etc... Just wondering if anyone has done this before with data guard or some other product?