Re: Questions about Postgres and Oracle

From: Paresh Yadav <yparesh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 11:35:20 -0500

Matt,
Two concerns were raised at that time with the financial health of Greenplum:
  • The Financial Health itself as you pointed out
  • Why is Greenplum not able to meet its own sales projections? Is it that the product is not matured yet?

It was matter of timing fo us. #1 above is addressed by EMC's acquisition of Greenplum. I personally know few brilliant people who have chosen to work at Greenplum and for me it was matter of time before the Greenplum offering became a polished product. Looks like it is now and it is time to give it a try.

Paresh

--
Thanks
Paresh