Re: Questions about Postgres and Oracle

From: Kevin Closson <ora_kclosson_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 09:24:04 -0800 (PST)

This was an inevitable.

 From: Matthew Zito <matt_at_crackpotideas.com> To: Dimitre Radoulov <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com> Cc: sbecker6925_at_gmail.com; oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:53 AM Subject: Re: Questions about Postgres and Oracle

That's been my experience too, looking across the customer spectrum.  10 years ago, it was about 70% Oracle/30% SQL Server.  About 5-7 years ago it was 50% Oracle 50% SQL Server.  Then MySQL started to show up in the enterprise, as did Postgres.  Now basically all of our big customers are running at least three, and as many as six different database platforms. And then yesterday we got our first ever request for supporting MongoDB, and I expect we'll get a ton more of those types of things over the next few years.

Matt