Re: Truncate terminates

From: Ray Stell <stellr_at_vt.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 16:12:55 -0500

On Dec 14, 2012, at 3:17 PM, Howard Latham wrote:

> Oracle 11g redhat linux. This gets sporadic mentions in forum. Process
> seems to get stuck / fail when a truncate table

I had some strange i/o events like this a few years ago and it turned out to be a failing SCSI controller. As soon as I moved to a new controller the problem disappeared never to be seen again where it had been hanging on almost a daily basis. I've seen them since on a shared SAN storage config, but rarely.-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Dec 14 2012 - 22:12:55 CET

Original text of this message