Re: Linux OCFS/OCFS2 alternatives for RAC shared storage systems?

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 11:20:57 +0100

On 13/12/2012 11:12, Hameed, Amir wrote:
> Has anyone tested ACFS with IO intensive databases, like a very busy Oracle ERP system? I would be interested to know the findings.
[...]

Note that ACFS supports only files _maintained outside of Oracle Database_.

Quoting OracleŽ Automatic Storage Management Administrator's Guide 11g Release 2 (11.2):

Oracle Automatic Storage Management Cluster File System (Oracle ACFS) is a multi-platform,
scalable file system, and storage management technology that extends Oracle Automatic Storage Management (Oracle ASM) functionality to support customer files maintained outside of Oracle Database.
Oracle ACFS supports many database and application files, including executables, database trace files,
database alert logs, application reports, BFILEs, and configuration files. Other supported files are video,
audio, text, images, engineering drawings, and other general-purpose application file data.

[...]

Starting with Oracle Automatic Storage Management 11g Release 2 (11.2.0.3), Oracle ACFS supports RMAN backups (BACKUPSET file type), archive logs (ARCHIVELOG file type),
and Data Pump dumpsets (DUMPSET file type). Note that Oracle ACFS snapshots are not supported
with these files.Starting with Oracle Automatic Storage Management 11g Release 2 (11.2.0.3),
Oracle ACFS supports RMAN backups (BACKUPSET file type), archive logs (ARCHIVELOG file type),
and Data Pump dumpsets (DUMPSET file type). Note that Oracle ACFS snapshots are not supported with these files.

Dimitre