Re: Linux OCFS/OCFS2 alternatives for RAC shared storage systems?

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 15:06:26 -0600

ASM for database data files is available in 10g, and most RAC sites use ASM, not OCFS. ACFS is available in 11gR2, and can be used for most other file types. You can run 11gR2 Clusterware and ASM under a 10Gr2 database, and thus create an ACFS file system if you want to share files in addition to Oracle data files.
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 2:54 PM, <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net> wrote:

> I assume we're talking about ASM clustered filesystem ACFS? I thought
> that was only in 11?
>
> We're using ASM for the datafiles (etc) in RAC.
>
> Chris

Andrew W. Kerber