RE: Linux OCFS/OCFS2 alternatives for RAC shared storage systems?

From: <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 14:46:17 -0600

Nope, not yet. And this is a 10.2.0.4 RAC system so is ASM filesystem applicable? Chris

From: Andrew Kerber [mailto:andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:41 PM To: Taylor Christopher - Nashville
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Linux OCFS/OCFS2 alternatives for RAC shared storage systems?

Have you used ASM?
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 1:56 PM, <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net<mailto:Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>> wrote: I'm curious if anyone uses anything other than OCFS/OCFS2 filesystems for their RAC shared storage areas? It seems that OCFS (our version anyway) is not extendable unless you take it offline. A key point for me would be a clustered filesystem that is dynamically growable as needed.

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

Chris Taylor
Oracle DBA
Parallon IT&S