RE: IOUG vs ODTUG Membership

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 11:36:26 -0500

If you live the in Americas and use any Oracle Technology at all, I recommend you join IOUG.
If you do any Oracle development anywhere in the world, I recommend you join ODTUG.
If you work for a company that uses Oracle's E-biz or Fusion, I recommend you have your company join OAUG.
If you are an individual who consults re Oracle's E-biz or Fusion, I recommend you personally join OAUG.

None of these choices are exclusive of each other. All of them are extremely good values. You will likely have a positive return on your investment in joining, possibly even literally if you simply make use of certain membership discounts, but I'm referring more to the networking, programs, and materials you get access to via membership.

I also recommend joining your regional and/or local subdivisions of the application groups as well as any appropriate special interest groups, for example the OAUG DBSIG, which is a cost free "join by signing up" group that specializes in Oracle DB issues and performance surrounding Oracle's configurable off the shelf products (E-biz and Fusion, with a little Peoplesoft and Siebel thrown in from time to time.)

I AM BIASED: (Founding director of OAUG, Business Partner of longtime ODTUG board member, current director of IOUG, current officer of OAUG DBSIG)

Regards,

mwf