RE: RMAN Duplicate DB between servers

From: Patterson, Joel <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 14:50:13 -0500

Yes, around 2005, 2006 windows changed its security for SYSTEM accounts. Oracle will have to run under a domain account to see, read/write to network shares. Don't remember if local will do it or all domain administrator account.

I would pick a 'generic' user that can run on all your boxes, not your own network id or anyone elses.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546