Enterprise manager and listener scan monitoring

From: Stefano Cislaghi <s.cislaghi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:49:33 +0100

Hi all,
I would like to gain some more information about OEM 12c and listener scan. We have a failover cluster with listener scan enabled and we use OEM12c (currently 12.1.0.2.0) for monitoring.
Because seems that OEM is not able to support listener scan we have used the preferred connection string with all 3 IP addresses of our SCAN as from manual. This seems not working because OEM does not respect the preferred string and always tries to connect with predefined parameters.

Does anyone have already tested this behaviour? We have raised a SR to Oracle and they produced a fix for bug 14753853 (that does not solve the issue). Also Oracle in OEM12c still uses jdbc driver for 11.1.x version that, again as from manual, does not support SCAN and needs to use the notation with all IP addresses part of scan and FAILOVER=ON LOADBALANCE=ON notation.

Thanks
Ste

--
http://www.stefanocislaghi.eu

The SQLServerAgent service depends on the MSSQLServer service, which has
failed due to the following error: The operation completed successfully.