Re: question on option pack .

From: De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:25:20 +1000

My 2 cents:

On point 1, AFAIK no parameter setting will disable the dictionary views that form part of licensable options. You are just required to exercise restraint.. I believe that SQL Profiles can be created manually and are not part of the D&T packs, but I might be wrong there. All "ADVISOR" jobs are licensed, so they should be disabled (even though they are enabled by default), but statistics gathering is required for normal operation and included in the base package.

On point 2, You may be hit by bug 5475037 "Feature usage statistics incorrectly show 'Advanced Security' to be used." In that case, there would not be anything you could do about it.

In most cases you cannot disable anything - you're just expected not to use features that are installed by default and readily available to any user with the correct system privileges. In many cases the dba_feature_usage_statistics view shows 2 components to a feature, one marked with "(system)" and the other with "(user)". As far as I know, the first one is not licensable as it reflects usage by oracle background processes. The latter is "actual" usage and must be covered by a license.

Perhaps Mogens Norgaard can shatter some light on it... ? ;)

Cheers,
Tony