Re: Select statement runs slow until flush of shared pool

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 19:18:58 +0100

Hi Finn,

On 27/11/2012 18:34, Jorgensen, Finn wrote:
> List:
> 10.2.0.3 EE on Solaris. No RAC.
>
> I have a client who run a report which consist of just a select statement. Nothing really special except there's a couple of stored function calls in the select.
> From time to time while running this report it gets hung up and takes hours to complete. When that happens somebody on the DBA team realized that flushing the shared pool fixes the problem and the report end almost immediately after the flushing.
[...]

We had a similar issue with clients that were using old versions of the jdbc thin driver that didn't support bind variable peaking, so you may check for different execution plans for the same statement. Note 273635.1 - Oracle JDBC Thin Driver Generates Different Execution Plan - describes the issue.

Regards
Dimitre