Re: Transportable Tablespaces and Deferred segment creation "bug"

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 11:17:12 +0000

Hi Dominic,

On 26/11/12 11:13, Dominic Brooks wrote:
> I know you have a workaround on your blog and the main point is that
> dbms_tt should probably warn about these, but just wanted to point out
> that you can materialise these deferred segments using
> dbms_space_admin.materialize_deferred_segments.

Yes, I know about this, thanks all the same, but in a huge database, which this one isn't, imaging the result of materiali[zs]ing all those empty tables again. The point of the deferred segment creation is to save space - which it does, admirably - seems a shame to have to undo all that good work when we need to downgrade/migrate it to a Standard Edition database.

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar