high log file sync wait

From: Suya <suya.huang_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 14:36:11 +0800

Hi,
I have a four-node RAC system, the workload runs against the database waits on log file sync heavily, average wait time is 82.41 ms, account for 75% DB time. The system CPU resource is rich enough, average 70% idle time.

similar testing was done previously, which has log file sync wait with average 40 ms, and because the CPU resource shortage, this time, we added two logical CPU to the system. but see that the log file sync wait event was even worse.

any ideas on what else I should check in the AWR report?

Thanks!
Suya