Re: DBA_HIST_SQLSTAT

From: Andy Klock <andy_at_oracledepot.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:30:41 -0500

+1 on the benefits of force_matching_signature when cursor_sharing is used (though I have a love/hate, mostly hate with FORCE) Just note that it loses some of its usefulness when SQL has both binds and literals. You can also do some pretty fancy stuff with DBMS_TUNE.SQLTEXT_TO_SIGNATURE (requires tuning pack) if you want to compare SQL and not have to worry about case, whitespace, literals, etc):
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e23448/d_sqltun.htm#CACHJDEG

Andy