V$filespace_usage

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 07:01:37 +0000

Before I log yet another SR with Oracle, is anyone aware of the circumstances under which the above view is not populated? I've pushed some monitoring based on dba_tablespace_usage_metrics into production, and now found that a few databases don't have this dynamic performance view populated and thus the monitoring fails. I'd expect OEM to suffer the same issue since I believe it relies on the same view. Interestingly the AWR view dba_hist_tablespace_usage appears to indicate that this occurs intermittently (one day this DB is 6tb in size, the next 0). Versions we see this on 11.2.0.2 and 11.1.0.7