Re: Oracle Training for a Novice - looking for recommendations

From: Lukas Lehner <weblehner_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 13:11:52 +0100

 disclaimer: I am myself novice SQL programmer and DBA (but with a backgroundof 12 years HP-UX administration) I recommend certification from Oracle University:

Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Associate
- Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I

  • Oracle Database 11g: Administration I

Oracle Database SQL Expert
- exam 1Z0-047

there are study guides on Amazon.com and official Oracle training. During preparing for those 3 exams he will be learn a lot. Those exams are very complicated for novice. It's real hard work and won't be achievable without practice.