OT? OVM repository lost - can we salvage the OVM pool?

From: De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 11:04:03 +1000

G'day,

Perhaps off-topic: We have lost our OVM management repository (and no backup of course). There is no other option I think to recreate a new repository and reconfigure the manager.

The OVM pool does run a number of important VMs and we would be very sad to have to recreate all those, so the pool should be re-registered in the recreated repository. I've tried that in the past and ran into the catch-22 that the management console does not want to register the pool as it was registered to another console. That console is no longer available and thus it is impossible to de-register the pool - if we'd want to: perhaps it would delete all existing VMs?

I can't find any pointers... Do you have any idea how to get around this? Is there a documented method to recover from this situation?

Cheers,
Tony