RE: RAC CR REQUEST RETRY - Which node is holding the data block?

From: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 16:49:02 +0000

Chris,

I've got a query I pulled from a paper by Riyaj Shamsudeen on DRM that may be of use:

SET NUMWIDTH 10
COL kjblname2 FORMAT A22
COL kjblowner HEADING 'Inst Owner|of Block' COL kjblmaster HEADING 'Inst Master|of Block' COL fl FORMAT 99999
COL blk FORMAT A10

SELECT kj.*, le.le_addr
  FROM (SELECT kjblname, kjblname2, kjblowner, kjblmaster, kjbllockp

             , SUBSTR(kjblname2, INSTR(kjblname2, ',') + 1,
                                 INSTR(kjblname2, ',' , 1, 2) - INSTR(kjblname2, ',', 1, 1) - 1) / 65536 fl
             , SUBSTR(kjblname2, 1, INSTR(kjblname2, ',') - 1) blk
          FROM x$kjbl) kj
     , x$le le

 WHERE le.le_kjbl = kj.kjbllockp
   AND (fl = <file# for block> AND blk = <block# in question>)  ORDER by le.le_addr;

The instance master keeps track of a block's state whereas the instance owner has the actual block in it's cache.

DAVID HERRING
DBA
Acxiom Corporation

EML   dave.herring_at_acxiom.com
TEL    630.944.4762
MBL   630.430.5988

1501 Opus Pl, Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA WWW.ACXIOM.COM