Re: alarming experience with controlfile autobackup on

From: <keydana_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:03:26 +0100

Of course - I'm glad you're looking into it :-) I just wonder - looking at oerr ora-19653:

Cause: SwitchToCopy was called with a datafile copy for a datafile that was dropped prior to the time this control file was backed up. Action: Restore and mount an earlier control file. It is acceptable to use a control file that was backed up prior to the creation of the specified datafile.

  • how about trying to create a controlfile that contains the file we want to restore?

Anyway, it seems that RMAN uses historic schema information from the catalog, that's why in fact it restores datafile 3 - but then, when it tries to "switch to copy", it needs to change the controlfile, and that controlfile does not contain the entry it wants to change... - right?

Sigrid