Re: alarming experience with controlfile autobackup on

From: <keydana_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 19:40:26 +0100

Hi Dragutin,
many thanks for your doublecheck! And please excuse the delay, I was on vacation.

> This is a normal and expected behaviour, all files were restored and recovered to their point in time,except the files that are unkown to the control file used. One more reason to use the rman catalog.

I have performed your test (the exact same steps) using a catalog - and now RMAN restores file 3 ( the one not in the autobackup controlfile any more) but the restore fails with ORA-19653: cannot switch to older file incarnation

So I don't get something that "wasn't in the database at any point in time" now, but restore fails....

Or did you imply different steps to be executed/additional information to be extracted from the catalog?

Best greetings
Sigrid