Re: [OT[ Question for German speaking DBAs

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 09:27:40 -0700

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>wrote:
> Hey guys (or should I say Sehr Geehrte Damen und Herren),
> I'm (slowly) learning German, I'm hoping to move to Germany within the
> next year or so and as I hope to get a job as a DBA or something of the
> sort I reckon I need to start acquiring some technical vocabulary. To
> this...

You will find knowing German a useful skill should you ever work on SAP databases.

Table and column names are often (mostly) 5 letter German acronyms.

Comments in ABAP programs are in, you guessed it - German.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com