Weird SCAN Issue

From: Steven Andrew <postora_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 15:55:18 -0700

All,
Anyone seen this behavior before. We are on 11.2.0.3 EE 2 Node RAC, RH 5.8

We have 2 app nodes (node1 and node2) where we are testing connectivity to newly setup 2 Node RAC cluster.

From appNode1, if i connect either via SCAN FQDN via sqlplus user/pass_at_SCAN.FQDN:port/service , it throws ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist. However, if try the same from appNode2, it works!

I tried even with all 3 SCAN ip from appNode1, no luck.

If i connect to dbnode1-vip (local listener) instead of SCAN from appNode1, it connects just fine.

What is that am i missing here.

SCAN/listener logs don't give much to troubleshoot this.

Note: I have made sure the services are listening on the said SCAN and also the local listeners.

Thanks,
Steven