RAC 11gR1 changing FQDN.

From: Nadeem M. Khan <nadeem.m.khan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:26:55 +0400

Hello,
I have a two-node RAC on RHEL 5.5. No DB created as of yet. During the time of CRS installation, the nodes had their hostnames set as: rac1.old.com
rac2.old.com

After CRS was installed, I needed to change the domain name from old to new, so the new FQDNs became:
rac1.new.com
rac2.new.com

After changing the domain names, all nodeapps were able to come up on both nodes and things "appear" to be fine. I know Oracle doesn't support changing hostnames as such, but is changing domains okay? I ran a strings on the OCR and VodeDisk devices, and was able to see only the short names (rac1, rac2) but not the domain name.

Thanks in advance.
Nadeem.