Re: asmlib

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 17:57:50 -0300

Don,
  Have you looked into udev and device mapper? I've deployed 5 RACs on RHEL 6 using device mapper with 3PAR storages. The Multipath configuration is a bit tricky, but very well documented both by HW vendores and Oracle itself. I suggest you talk to a sys admin as they should know what do with device mapper and udev in order to present the disks to you in an easy to use fashion (i.e. using /dev/mapper instead of the /dev/dm-###)

hth
Alan.-