Re: migrate from PostgreSQL to Oracle

From: <boulayp_at_free.fr>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:13:15 +0200 (CEST)

hi
Why not simply using goldengate ?
regards
----- Mail original -----

De: "Mark Bobak" <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com> À: "jose soares" <jose.soares_at_sferacarta.com>, oracle-l_at_freelists.org Envoyé: Mercredi 24 Octobre 2012 00:38:27 Objet: RE: migrate from PostgreSQL to Oracle

Jo,
I'm not at all familiar with pg or pg_dump, however, if pg is capable of efficiently dumping data to flat files, my first suggestion would be to write a formatted text file, perhaps csv, and use Oracle external table to bulk load. Insert /*+ append */ into oracle_table select * from external_table would do it.

Also, gives you opportunity to use nologging and do any necessary data transformations on the fly by adding functions on columns in select list, and finally, to do index builds (also nologging) after data loads.

This approach should be pretty performant.

Hope that helps,

-Mark

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note�, an AT&T LTE smartphone

  • Original message -------- Subject: migrate from PostgreSQL to Oracle From: jo <jose.soares_at_sferacarta.com> To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> CC: migrate from PostgreSQL to Oracle

Hi all,

I'm looking for some linux script to migrate from pg to oracle. At the moment I dump data from pg using pg_dump in the format: INSERT INTO table (columns) (values)
then I load it into the Oracle db using cx_Oracle this procedure is so slow, and sometimes I have to edit and modify data manually because some INSERT format aren't compatible. Is there any interesting linux script to do this more easily?

thanks

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Oct 24 2012 - 11:13:15 CEST

Original text of this message