MOS SR updates not showing dates anymore?

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 08:53:53 -0500 (CDT)

Hey all,

Recently (this week?) the MOS interface shows ambiguous "1+ week ago" for the dates and times updated on SRs. It can make it very difficult to work on them when they're open for months, not worked on in weeks, and I'm asked for more information relating to a specific update that happened "1+ months ago".

While our SR attention issues are much better (thanks to our sales guy contacting two Support managers for us!), I can't see any customer benefit for dumbing this down. If it's causing an issue for Support, make it the default, but give us technical folks the option of having actual dates.

Can I assume everyone's SR interface has been affected? The only saving grace right now is EM12c, which still uses the Flash interface to MOS, so I can still get dates and times.

Maybe I'm under-slept, over-caffeinated, and my pet peeve of loathing the changing of units of measure in reporting an atomic item (e.g. "human-readable" file sizes -- GRRR!) is getting to me. Maybe I just feel like venting....

</vent>

Rich