Re: Someone remind me - SLOW LGWR - buffer flushes prevent new blocks being read in

From: William Muriithi <william.muriithi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 15:32:41 -0400

> I was reading somewhere (and I can't put my hands on it now of course)
where when LGWR is slow, that it backs stuff up bad enough that blocks can't get into the cache fast enough and will slow the whole database down (that's the gist of it I think). When LGWR is exceptionally slow/hung.
> Can someone point me in the right direction here?

You mean when log writer is slow and the database exhaust the three redo files and hang the database ?