Re: Oracle restart and Physical Data Guard

From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 13:06:27 +0100

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Mek S <sidi.bouzid.meknessy_at_gmail.com>wrote:
> Hello,
> I wonder if there are any issues in using Oracle 11gR2 restart and DG FSFO
> Observer together. Oracle restart is used for automatic restart of
> resources (database instance, listeners, etc..) after server reboot for
> example, if the Observer failover to the physical standby and open it and
> at the same time , oracle restart open the primary then split brain. Any
> experience ?

Hi,

Observer will prevent your DataGuard from split brain - before open state database is talking with observer and asking about permission to open.

There is anyway other issue with Oracle Restart and DG - see my blog entry -
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com/2012/08/dataguard-and-oracle-restart-how-to.html

regards,

--
Marcin Przepiorowski