OEM Cloud Control - Rule set question

From: Cesar Sanchez <cernesto.sanchez_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 10:57:08 -0400

Hi All,
Need to setup an alarm in OEM that pages when a tablespace is above 90% of space used *AND* if the remaining physical space is less than 5G. Obviously 90% and 5G are just numbers the idea is to have kind of a single alarm that does that.

tbs su > 90% - tbs fs < 5GB
------------ -------------

     Y             Y         --> page
     Y             N         --> no page (Under current configuration this
will page
                                 as well not what we want for larger
tablespaces)
     N             Y         --> no page (Under current configuration this
will page
                                 as well not what we want for smaller
tablespace)
     N             N         --> no page

I've tried to create an incident rule set with 3 rules:

  1. Incident for first condition (tbs su > 90%)
  2. Incident for second condition (tbs fs < 5GB)
  3. Sent email using option "Rules that created the incidents" and selecting above 2 rules.

This created the incidents but didn't send the email/page. If I create a event rule with the 2 conditions I get 2 notifications when any of the 2 metrics reaches critical thresholds.

Does anybody have tried to do something like this?

Thanks for any assistance.

--Cesar

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Oct 17 2012 - 16:57:08 CEST