Re: Oracle Database physical files and file system details

From: Kenneth Fowler <kenneth.r.fowler_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 09:04:12 -0400

All,

Thanks for the replies. I figured that since Oracle will complain when NFS mount options are not correct...

$ oerr ora 27054
27054, 00000, "NFS file system where the file is created or resides is not mounted with correct options"

// *Cause:  The file was on an NFS partition and either reading the mount tab
//          file failed or the partition wass not mounted with the correct
//          mount option.
// *Action: Make sure mount tab file has read access for Oracle user and
//          the NFS partition where the file resides is mounted correctly.
//          For the list of mount options to use refer to your platform
//          specific documentation.

Then perhaps the information is available via some v$ table etc... anyways... it sounds like I am out of luck so I will have to pull the file path names and get the actual file system details via a shell script.

Ken.