Re: "gc cr failure" - how to investigate further?

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 19:49:47 -0700 (PDT)

> I've been all over Metalink and I cannot find anything relevant to "gc cr failure"

Chris,

If you search for bug reports, you'll find some reports with that wait event. Unfortunately, none I checked have real substance.

K Gopal's "Oracle Database 11g Oracle Real Application Clusters Handbook" has a short section on it. See p.260 (2nd ed., 2011).

Google search finds this document
http://intranet.wizbase.co.kr/intranet/board/boarddata/board2/67.pdf See pp.70-1.

Basically, this event indicates a couple of possible sources of errors, such as blocks lost on the interconnect, or bad blocks (wrong checksum, damaged headers etc). The event itself does not offer more information.

Yong Huang