RE: ASM - removing disk from diskgroup question

From: <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:29:14 -0500

Heh - I did a lot of reading before I did it - glad you pointed it out though. I was still hesitant to it but it seems to be progressing normally. Chris

From: Andrew Kerber [mailto:andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:16 PM To: Taylor Christopher - Nashville
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: ASM - removing disk from diskgroup question

That is correct, just make sure it goes to former before you add it back in to another diskgroup. ASM software should prevent it, but be careful. The rebalance operation has to complete before it goes to a former status. On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 1:11 PM, <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net<mailto:Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>> wrote: This is probably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. When you drop a disk from a DISKGROUP in ASM, the HEADER status will show as FORMER instead of CANDIDATE, correct? I assume you can add these disks to other DISKGROUPS just like disks that read CANDIDATE?

Chris

Andrew W. Kerber

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Oct 10 2012 - 20:29:14 CEST

Original text of this message