Re: Moving OAS Metadata Repository

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 12:37:37 -0300

Dimitre,
thanks for your reply. I think I'm missing something. If I remember correctly OAS (in all honesty it's been about 5 years since I installed one). You have the three following "tiers".
  1. Metadata Repository: This is a database that pretty much holds OID, SSO and Discoverer info.
  2. Infra: SSO, OID, etc. These apps connect directly to the MR Database
  3. Middle Tier: disco, forms, reports, etc. They connect to the db and infra services.

The doc says that it's the MR that cannot change the hostname because there are a lot of places where the hostname is recorded (config files, tables, etc) and it would be "technically unfeasible to write a script to update all these locations".

Cheers
Alan.-