ORA-03135 running plsql locally

From: mike boligan <mboligan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 12:18:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
    I am running Oracle 11.2.0.2.0 64 bit on Solaris 10.  I have a process that runs on the database server and calls a plsql package via a shell script like so:

sqlplus user/pass _at_scriptname parm1 parm2

The package runs for roughly 2600 seconds and sometimes gets a ORA-03135.  The package does not fail in the same spot every time.  It does not seem to fail after x minutes either.  I do have sqlnet.expire_time in sqlnet.ora on the server, not sure that helps any as this should be using IPC.  I do see alot of log switching while the job runs, but I don't see how the increased activity could cause this error.

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't think I should get this error when running a script locally on the database server.  Has anyone ever seen a similar situation or fill me in on anything I am overlooking?  I am trying avoid a sqlnet trace because of space concerns on where the output would go.

TIA,
Mike