SV: plsql_code_type native

From: Niels Jespersen <NJN_at_dst.dk>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 07:00:36 +0000

We did, when we migrated from 10.2.0.5 on HP-UX to 11.2.0.2 on Win2008r2 x64. We also compiled all sys-objects natively.

The goal was to improve cpu-performance a bit without spending any real effort. Performance does improve on cpu-intensive tasks, but not noticeably. Issues, we have had a few ORA-0600 involving execution across databaselinks where caller/callee have different plsql_code_type.

Would we make the same choice today, probably not, I do not think it is worth the effort with the plentiful cpu-power you get from modern hardware today.

regards
Niels Jespersen