Re: 10g RAC using raw devices - curiousity question

From: Martin Klier <usn_at_usn-it.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 08:28:51 +0200

Trouble is, that most of those notes and underscore-parameter-manifested events are made for special purposes, to work around bugs and specific issues. You are exposed to special and not regression-tested source code. With every parameter you are growing the rist exponential...

Do as Oracle says: Use them only under supervision of Oracle Support. You might have issues on the other end of the product without knowing why and where.

And in general, IMHO narrowing down the freedom of the CBO ist in 99% of the cases a problem-maker, not a problem-solver.

Regards
Martin