ORA-03137 (the whole message this time...)

From: Maureen English <maureen.english_at_alaska.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 06:55:05 -0800

We have a bit of a mystery here....

We just migrated 2 Oracle 10g databases to 11g on 2 new servers. Everything looks
good, except that we're getting ORA-03137 errors in one of the databases. I spent all
day yesterday searching through documents on Metalink and doing Google searches and have come up with little to go on.

The databases were upgraded to 11.2.0.3 on RHEL5 with the July 2012 PSU patch applied.

I only did schema level exports...not full system exports. That was to avoid any issues
with Oracle Spatial. The old systems had Oracle Spatial installed, the new ones don't.
I did the same thing with our test systems and had no problems.

I'd been testing the expdp/impdp procedure and had done one recently to the new production systems and then did an RMAN duplicate database to the test databases and they still work fine.

The 2 most likely issues seem to be
1) we're using a 10g client from the application 2) we haven't set any NLS parameters

We have the same set up on the server that is running just fine, though. And we have
the same set up on the test servers to which I did the duplicate database....

The only difference we can find between the 4 machines involved (2 db servers, 2 app
servers) is that the one app server is in a different dmz. I don't think that should make
a difference, though.

Anyone have any suggestions?