Re: OT: Oracle Open World 2012

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 09:26:53 -0600

Oracle Corporation came after the Oracle Closed/Real World organizers, so the event has been renamed to Oak Table World (not "www.oaktableworld.com", just "oaktableworld.com"). No complaints yet from furniture manufacturers or home furnishing retail outlets, but there is still time...
Oak Table World will provide some more technical blathering by Bitter Twisted Old Men And Women as did previous Closed Worlds at previous OOWs. The "Oak Table Network", a Denmark-based drinking society with a database problem, re-invades the civilized world, slashing and burning their experiences, pillaging myths and legends, and desecrating conventional wisdom with insight from downed systems, sleepless nights, long flights, and single malt... stayed tuned... everything is still coming together... boo yah...

And yes, there is the tiniest slightest possibility that Tanel's presentation just might blow up and he'll say, "Ah yes, now we troubleshoot..."