OT: Web learning

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 08:56:34 -0500

List,
Like many of you, as an Oracle DBA I'm ending up doing more web infrastructure. Has anybody seen a book or web site that teaches the basics? Basically as a DBA you need to be a bit of a network engineer. Not to perform the network engineer's job, but to understand the architecture and alternatives available.

I easily find books for the general public at a really superficial view. Past that, the books seem to get really specialized and way too detailed. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis Williams