Re: Function Based Index

From: Purav Chovatia <puravc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 15:22:32 +0530

:)
This column contains datetime and is a classic case of what Jonathan has demonstrated in his index explosion series. Because of applications' limitations we cannot move from storing datetime to storing only date. One other solution would be to have another column which contains only the date and index that column and then NOT index this column which stores datetime; but I didn't want that additional data unnecessarily. I thought FBI would be simple.

Thanks.