How to set time difference limit between RAC nodes in 10g

From: Lu Jiang <lu.jiang69_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 15:57:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi DBA gurus,

I know we should synchronize time on all rac nodes with NTP. Time difference between RAC nodes could have impact on data integrity. It is good if we can be notified if one of the RAC node's time out of synch.

Could any one shed some lights on how to set the time difference limit on 10g rac nodes so that oracle would send error to alert log and evict the node? Did some research on this, some folks say the default value is one minute and some folks say the default value is 30 seconds. Could not find anything about this setting from Oracle documentation.

Thanks,
Lu