Re: Upgrading OS from Win 2003 to Win 2003 R2

From: Ryan January <rjjanuary_at_multiservice.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 08:34:07 -0500

In a past life I did a direct migration from 2003 32 bit to 2003R2 64 bit with a simple datafile copy. It was as smooth as one could have hoped for. To insure minimal issues; prior to the migration I would want to patch the current DB server to the Oracle release you're intending to run on the new server.

On 09/18/2012 07:34 AM, Uzzell, Stephan wrote:
> I haven't done the exact migration you're describing, but similar: we migrated a handful of databases from 2003 R2 x64 to 2008 R2 x64. No issues. Oracle did not seem to care.
>
> Stephan Uzzell

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete the email.