Re: Question on gc buffer busy waits

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 11:29:13 +0100

Why have you suggested that you have a problem with "gc buffer busy waits", then reported the time for "TX enqueues". 54 seconds doesn't sound an enormous amount in one hour for a system that needs to run on 4 node RAC - so we need to see the scale of the problem.

How about giving us a representative sample from the Top 5 Timed Events.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/all_postings

Author: Oracle Core (Apress 2011)
http://www.apress.com/9781430239543

  • Original Message ----- From: "Krishna" <krishna.setwin_at_gmail.com> To: "Oracle List" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 2:24 AM Subject: Question on gc buffer busy waits

| Hi,
| 11.2.0.3.0
| RAC - 4 node
|
| we are facing "gc buffer busy acquire waits" in our database
| intermittently. This is an OLTP system.
| we are getting lot of blocking on our system. for example: 54 seconds in
DB