Re: Function Based Index

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:29:03 +0100

Purav,

No - when you create the index (and "compute statistics" is redundant in 10g, by the way) Oracle doesn't collect stats on the table column.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/all_postings

Author: Oracle Core (Apress 2011)
http://www.apress.com/9781430239543

  • Original Message ----- From: "Purav Chovatia" <puravc_at_gmail.com> To: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> Cc: <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 3:35 PM Subject: Re: Function Based Index