RE: uptime

From: <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 14:24:38 -0500

With windows you can force the memory back to the system - not sure why it doesn't do this automatically as Linux appears to do.

There's a few tools that I have used for this *however* I'm not sure it would work in the scenario you are describing.

Memory Clean for Windows XP/2003 7/2008 (haven't used this as I haven't a need to on either Windows 7 workstations or Windows 2008 servers. (I believe Windows 2008 uses basically same kernel as Windows 7 - but I may be mistaken on that not having a box to check at the moment)

I used to use FreeRAM XP for old 32-bit Windows Servers running Windows 2003.

Regarding apps, I thought that is what we were talking about :)

I cannot say for certain I've seen a memory leak at the OS level that wasn't reclaimable in some form.

Chris