Re: RAC Attack at Open World

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 18:51:47 +0300

Hi Jeremy,
It was indeed pleasure hanging around at the RAC Attack table last year's OOW Symposium.
Trust me people, you will have a lot of fun and will gain more knowledge about RAC at RAC Attack table. Unfortunately, I am unable to attend this year's OOW and will miss all the fun.

Best Regards,

Jaffar

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Jeremy Schneider < jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com> wrote:

> http://racattack.org
>
> Currently instructions are for VMware - I haven't posted VirtualBox yet
> - but you'll see just how little the virt platform factors in (it's only
> mentioned in section 1 and very briefly in another lab at the very end).
>
> -J
>
> --
> Jeremy Schneider
> Pythian Consulting Group
> Chicago
>
> +1 312-725-9249
> http://www.pythian.com
>
> On 09/13/2012 11:00 AM, Andrew Kerber wrote:
> > I can deal with that, I have done a lot of RAC. Never done it on
> > Virtual Box though. Do you have the set of instructions you are
> > using? I've put it together in my basement on physical servers a
> > couple of times, as well as lots of times in VMware workstation. I
> > expect I can answer most questions that come up, but I want to make
> > sure I understand the method you are teaching

Best Regards,

Syed Jaffar Hussain
Oracle ACE Director
<http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=19297:4:4640302666204919::NO:4:P4_ID:186>
Oracle Certified Master
(10g)<http://education.oracle.com/education/otn/shussain.html>
Co-author Oracle 11gR1/R2 RAC Essentials <http://link.packtpub.com/yNZicz>
*Oracle Magazine DBA of year (2011)*
OCP 8i,9i,10g & 11g DBA
RAC Certified Expert
ITIL V3 foundation certified
Oracle RAC SIG Representative for Saudi Arabian
region<http://www.oracleracsig.org>

Advisory & Governance Council for
VirtaThon<http://www.brainsurface.com/virtathon/advisorygovernancecouncil/>
I blog at  : http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/sjaffarhussain
Follow me on twitter : http://twitter.com/#!/sjaffarhussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."